Teknabyte’s security services keep you posted of any potential internal security issues going on inside your network.
Teknabyte’s Managed IT Security Services keep you posted of any potential internal security issues going on inside your network. A daily scan time will be set up and Teknabyte will report back with an email alert sent to any address you specify. The daily alerts aggregate the issues that were detected during the past 24 hours and can be sorted either by priority/severity (high, medium and low) of the threat, or by the type of issue (threat, anomaly, change). With this level of customization, Teknabyte is able to offer any client a tailored solution for the highest level of maintained security.
• Compliance Management Services
• Vulnerability Management Services
• 24/7 SOC Services
• Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
• MFA Services for Applications and Desktops
• Email Protection with Inky
• Application Control with Threatlocker
• Firewall and Secure Connection Services with Perimeter 81
Compliance management services provide organizations with a range of benefits, including:
1. Reduced risk: Compliance management services help organizations stay compliant with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, reducing the risk of legal and financial penalties.
2. Increased efficiency: By streamlining compliance processes, compliance management services can help organizations save time and resources, allowing them to focus on their core business operations.
3. Improved reputation: Compliance management services can help organizations build a reputation for ethical and responsible behavior, enhancing their brand image and trustworthiness in the eyes of customers, investors, and other stakeholders.
4. Enhanced security: Compliance management services can help organizations improve their data security and privacy practices, reducing the risk of data breaches and cyberattacks.
5. Better decision-making: Compliance management services can provide organizations with accurate and timely data and insights, helping them make informed decisions and stay ahead of regulatory changes.
6. Increased competitiveness: By staying compliant and keeping up with industry standards, organizations can maintain a competitive edge and stay ahead of their peers.
7. Simplified reporting: Compliance management services can help organizations generate accurate and comprehensive reports, simplifying the compliance reporting process and reducing the risk of errors or omissions.
8. Overall, compliance management services can help organizations mitigate risks, improve efficiency, and build a reputation for ethical and responsible behavior, ultimately leading to greater success and sustainability.
Vulnerability management services offer several benefits to organizations, including:
1. Risk Reduction: Vulnerability management services help identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in an organization's IT systems and networks, reducing the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches.
2. Compliance: Compliance with industry and regulatory standards is essential for many businesses. Vulnerability management services can help organizations stay compliant with relevant regulations and industry standards.
3. Improved Security: By identifying and addressing security vulnerabilities, vulnerability management services can improve an organization's overall security posture, enhancing protection against cyber threats.
4. Cost Savings: Effective vulnerability management services can save organizations money by identifying and addressing vulnerabilities before they are exploited, preventing costly data breaches and other cyberattacks.
5. Enhanced Productivity: Security incidents can disrupt business operations, leading to downtime and lost productivity. Vulnerability management services can help minimize these disruptions by proactively identifying and addressing vulnerabilities before they can be exploited.
6. Business Continuity: Cybersecurity incidents can have serious implications for business continuity. Vulnerability management services can help organizations maintain business continuity by minimizing the risk of security incidents and reducing downtime.
7. Peace of Mind: Effective vulnerability management services provide organizations with peace of mind, knowing that their IT systems and networks are regularly scanned for vulnerabilities and threats, and that security measures are in place to protect against cyberattacks.
8. Overall, vulnerability management services are essential for organizations looking to maintain the security and integrity of their IT systems and networks. By identifying and addressing security vulnerabilities, organizations can reduce risk, improve productivity, and enhance their overall security posture.
A 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) offers several benefits to organizations, including:
1. Continuous monitoring: A 24/7 SOC provides continuous monitoring of an organization's IT systems and networks, detecting potential security threats and incidents in real-time. This enables prompt response to security incidents, reducing the risk of data breaches and other cyber attacks.
2. Rapid response: A 24/7 SOC can respond quickly to security incidents, minimizing the impact of attacks and reducing downtime. This helps to maintain business continuity and minimize the costs associated with security incidents.
3. Improved incident management: With a 24/7 SOC in place, organizations can establish a more effective incident management process. Security incidents can be quickly identified, assessed, and remediated, reducing the risk of damage to an organization's reputation.
4. Access to security experts: A 24/7 SOC provides organizations with access to a team of security experts who can provide guidance and support in managing security incidents. This can help to improve an organization's overall security posture and reduce the risk of future security incidents.
5. Compliance: A 24/7 SOC can help organizations stay compliant with relevant regulations and industry standards. Continuous monitoring and prompt incident response can help organizations meet the requirements of regulations such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI DSS.
6. Proactive threat hunting: A 24/7 SOC can perform proactive threat hunting to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities before they are exploited by attackers. This helps organizations stay ahead of emerging threats and stay one step ahead of cybercriminals.
7. Peace of mind: A 24/7 SOC provides organizations with peace of mind, knowing that their IT systems and networks are being monitored around the clock by security experts who are always ready to respond to security incidents.
Overall, a 24/7 SOC provides organizations with the ability to quickly detect and respond to security incidents, improve their incident management processes, stay compliant with regulations, and access a team of security experts. These benefits help organizations enhance their overall security posture, reduce risk, and protect against cyber threats.
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) is a security technology that provides advanced threat detection and response capabilities for endpoints, such as laptops, desktops, servers, and mobile devices. EDR solutions typically use behavioral analysis, machine learning, and other advanced techniques to detect threats that traditional endpoint protection solutions may miss.
EDR is needed because traditional antivirus and endpoint protection solutions are not always effective against advanced threats. Cybercriminals are constantly developing new techniques to evade detection, and traditional signature-based antivirus solutions may not be able to keep up with these threats. EDR solutions are designed to detect and respond to advanced threats that may be missed by traditional security solutions.
EDR solutions typically provide the following capabilities:
1. Endpoint visibility: EDR solutions provide comprehensive visibility into endpoint activity, including process activity, network traffic, and file activity. This enables security teams to identify potential threats and respond to them quickly.
2. Threat detection: EDR solutions use advanced techniques to detect threats that may be missed by traditional security solutions. These techniques include behavioral analysis, machine learning, and threat intelligence.
3. Threat response: EDR solutions provide automated or manual response options to isolate, contain, or remove threats. This helps to prevent further damage and minimize the impact of a security incident.
4. Incident investigation: EDR solutions provide detailed information about security incidents, including the source of the threat, the timeline of the attack, and the impact on endpoints. This information can help security teams investigate security incidents more effectively and respond to them quickly.
Overall, EDR is needed to provide advanced threat detection and response capabilities for endpoints. EDR solutions help organizations detect and respond to advanced threats, even if they are missed by traditional security solutions, improving an organization's overall security posture and protecting against cyber threats.
MFA stands for Multi-Factor Authentication, which is a security mechanism that requires users to provide two or more forms of authentication before they are granted access to a system or application. MFA combines something the user knows (such as a password), something they have (such as a mobile device or security token), and/or something they are (such as a fingerprint or facial recognition) to verify their identity.
MFA is important because it provides an additional layer of security to protect against unauthorized access to sensitive information and systems. Passwords alone are not always enough to protect against cyberattacks, as they can be easily guessed, stolen, or hacked. MFA helps to prevent unauthorized access even if a password is compromised.
Here are some of the key benefits of MFA:
1. Improved security: MFA significantly reduces the risk of unauthorized access to systems and applications. Even if an attacker obtains a user's password, they would also need access to the user's mobile device or security token to gain access.
2. Compliance: Many regulations and standards require the use of MFA to protect sensitive information. For example, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requires MFA for all remote access to cardholder data.
3. User convenience: MFA can be convenient for users, as they can use a mobile device or security token that they already have with them, instead of needing to remember multiple complex passwords.
4. Cost-effective: MFA can be cost-effective, as it can reduce the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches, which can be costly in terms of both financial and reputational damage.
5. Scalability: MFA can be easily scaled up or down to meet the needs of an organization as it grows or changes.
Overall, MFA is important for protecting sensitive information and systems against cyber threats. By requiring users to provide multiple forms of authentication, MFA significantly reduces the risk of unauthorized access, improves security, and can be convenient and cost-effective for users and organizations.
Inky is a cloud-based email security platform that offers a range of benefits to organizations. Here are some of the main benefits of using Inky:
1. Advanced threat detection: Inky uses a combination of machine learning, computer vision, and artificial intelligence to detect and block phishing attacks, spear-phishing, and other email-borne threats. It also provides real-time protection against zero-day attacks and other emerging threats.
2. Customizable policies: Inky provides customizable security policies that can be tailored to the needs of individual organizations. This allows administrators to set up specific rules and filters to address unique risks and security concerns.
3. User awareness training: Inky provides user awareness training that helps to educate employees about email security best practices and how to avoid falling victim to phishing attacks. This can help to reduce the risk of human error and increase the overall security posture of the organization.
4. Simple deployment: Inky is easy to deploy and can be integrated with existing email systems with minimal disruption. This makes it accessible to organizations of all sizes, including those with limited IT resources.
5. Cloud-based architecture: Inky is a cloud-based platform, which means that it can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it easy to manage email security across distributed or remote workforces.
6. Comprehensive reporting: Inky provides comprehensive reporting and analysis capabilities, which can help organizations to identify potential security risks and track security incidents. This information can be used to improve email security policies and reduce the risk of future incidents.
Overall, Inky is a powerful email security platform that can help organizations to protect themselves against a range of email-borne threats. By offering advanced threat detection, customizable policies, user awareness training, simple deployment, cloud-based architecture, and comprehensive reporting, Inky provides a comprehensive and effective approach to email security.
ThreatLocker is a cybersecurity solution that offers a variety of benefits to organizations that use it. Here are some of the main benefits of using ThreatLocker:
1. Application whitelisting: ThreatLocker uses a zero-trust approach to application control, which means that it only allows known, trusted applications to run on endpoints. This helps to prevent unauthorized applications from running, which can reduce the risk of malware infections.
2. Enhanced security: ThreatLocker provides enhanced security features such as endpoint protection, application control, and vulnerability management. These features help to prevent cyber attacks, data breaches, and other security incidents.
3. Greater control: ThreatLocker gives administrators greater control over the applications and processes running on their endpoints. This can help to reduce the risk of human error and ensure that security policies are consistently enforced across the organization.
4. Easy to use: ThreatLocker is designed to be easy to use, with an intuitive user interface and simple deployment process. This makes it accessible to organizations of all sizes, including those with limited IT resources.
5. Cost-effective: ThreatLocker is a cost-effective solution that can help organizations to save money on their cybersecurity expenses. By providing comprehensive protection against cyber threats, it can help to reduce the risk of costly security incidents.
6. Comprehensive reporting: ThreatLocker provides comprehensive reporting and analysis capabilities, which can help organizations to identify potential security risks and track security incidents.
Overall, ThreatLocker is a powerful cybersecurity solution that can help organizations to protect their endpoints from cyber threats. By offering application whitelisting, enhanced security, greater control, ease of use, cost-effectiveness, and comprehensive reporting, ThreatLocker provides a comprehensive and effective approach to endpoint security.
Perimeter 81 is a cloud-based network security platform that provides a range of benefits to organizations. Here are some of the main benefits of using Perimeter 81:
1. Secure remote access: Perimeter 81 provides secure remote access to company resources and data from anywhere, using any device. This enables employees to work from home, while still maintaining the same level of security as if they were in the office.
2. Simple deployment: Perimeter 81 is easy to deploy and can be set up quickly without any hardware or software installation. This makes it accessible to organizations of all sizes, including those with limited IT resources.
3. Advanced security features: Perimeter 81 provides advanced security features such as two-factor authentication, encryption, and anti-phishing protection. This helps to prevent cyber attacks, data breaches, and other security incidents.
4. Network segmentation: Perimeter 81 enables organizations to segment their networks and control access to specific resources based on user roles and permissions. This helps to reduce the risk of unauthorized access and limit the scope of security incidents.
5. Centralized management: Perimeter 81 provides a centralized management console that enables administrators to monitor and manage network access from a single location. This can help to improve visibility and reduce the complexity of network management.
6. Scalability: Perimeter 81 is a scalable solution that can grow with the needs of the organization. It can easily accommodate changes in the number of users, devices, or applications without compromising security.
Overall, Perimeter 81 is a powerful network security platform that can help organizations to protect themselves against a range of cyber threats. By offering secure remote access, simple deployment, advanced security features, network segmentation, centralized management, and scalability, Perimeter 81 provides a comprehensive and effective approach to network security.
There are dozens of alerts based on network changes, anomalous activity, vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
Here’s a small sample along with their category and alert type:
|Wireless||Threat||Unauthorized wireless connection|
|Access Control||Change||New profile (Business Owner’s computer)|
|Computers||Change||Application installed on locked down system|
|Computers||Change||Removable drive added to locked down system|
|Access Control||Change||Administrative rights granted|
|Access Control||Threat||Unauthorized access to IT restricted computer|
|Access Control||Change||New device on restricted network|
|Access Control||Threat||Unauthorized access to accounting computer|
|Access Control||Threat||Unauthorized access to CDE|
|Access Control||Threat||Unauthorized access to ePHI|
|Access Control||Change||Unauthorized printer on network|
|Access Control||Anomaly||Suspicious user logons by single desktop user|
|Computers||Threat||Internet restriction not enforced|
|Computers||Threat||Critical patches not applied timely on DMZ computer|
|Computers||Threat||Critical patches not applied timely|
|Access Control||Change||New profile|
|Access Control||Change||New User|
|Access Control||Anomaly||Unusual logon to computer by user|
|Access Control||Anomaly||Unusual logon time by user|
|Network Security||Threat||New High Severity Internal Vulnerability|
|Network Security||Threat||New Medium Severity Internal Vulnerability|
|Access Control||Change||Local User Admin User Added|
Weekly Alerts: Even though Teknabyte’s security services will send you alerts on a daily basis on any potential threat it finds, once a week it will send you a tight summary of all changes to the network that were made during the prior week. This gives you a quick at-a-glance summary of changes that didn’t trigger an alert but still might be worth a quick review.
Changes included in Teknabyte's weekly report fall into the following objects and categories:
|Switch Port Connections|
|Security||New Internal Vulnerability|
TeknaByte is an IT Consulting & Managed IT Services firm in Indianapolis that provides quick, high-quality, and effective managed IT services to businesses everywhere.
Fort Wayne, IN
South Bend, IN
Copyright © 2023 TeknaByte Consulting, LLC | Site powered by Teknabyte Consulting